Ballyland™ Flight is a fun, educational game for young children, available for free to use on Amazon Alexa smart speakers, such as Echo Show or Echo Dot. In the story, Ballicopter, the little red helicopter, is flying high through the skies of Ballyland, on his way to visit one of his friends. What will happen and how his adventure will go, will be decided by your child using his or her voice! Your child is encouraged to engage with the story and use simple words to choose different twists in the story, developing voice control interaction with Alexa. Every selection will change the course of the story. Young children who are blind or visually impaired will be able to enjoy and engage with this story, building confidence in the use of voice control technology. Children who have played Ballyland Rotor on iPad before will be familiar with the story. Ballyland Flight includes engaging songs that your child may want to move, sing or dance along with, and offers great sound effects that will capture the imagination.
"Every day is a Ballyland day, and a Ballyland day is a happy day!"
Designed and developed by Sonokids, built by Sonnar Interactive.
- Develop simple voice commands to use smart speaker technology with voice control
- Choice Making skills
- Concept of Cause & Effect
- Language skills
- Concept of sequencing
- Singing and moving along to songs
- Recognize sounds of musical instruments (banjo, xylophone, harmonica, bongo drums)
- Enjoy and recognize musical styles (the final song is played in jazz, reggae, pop and rock version).
- Conceptual understanding of selecting options, through Ballicopter’s story.
- Concepts such as weather (nice and bad, sunny and windy), animals (duck, sheep, rabbit), slow,
- fast, grumpy, happy, friendship.